The Perfect Way to See Mount Desert Island’s most famous spots!
Tour Length: 5 hours
Tour Start Times: 8 a.m., 9 a.m., 10 a.m., and 1 p.m.
Vehicle Options: 6-passenger minivan or 14 passenger van.
Tour Attractions & Sites: Bar Harbor, Cadillac Mountain, Sieur de Monts Springs, Precipice Cliffs, Sand Beach, Otter Cliffs, Seal Harbor, Northeast Harbor, Thuya and Asticou Gardens, Southwest Harbor, local Lobster Pound
- Six Passenger Minivan
- 14 Passenger Van
See the best spots in Acadia National Park and Bar Harbor, Maine!
We would love to show you Acadia National Park and our island on one of our Bar Harbor tours! We will pick you up from your ship or hotel and we’ll drive along the 27-mile-long Park Loop Road up to the summit of Cadillac Mountain, known for being the highest peak on the eastern seaboard and the first spot daylight hits each morning in North America. From Cadillac, you can view spectacular vistas of Bar Harbor, the surrounding islands and the visiting cruise ships in the harbor.
Visit all of the famous sites, including Sand Beach, Thunder Hole, Otter Cliffs, Precipice Cliffs, and Sieur de Monts Springs and gardens. We can stop and stay as long as you would like at each location. As you wind through the park you will see hand-cut stone bridges, rocky coves, and pink granite coastline, glacier-cut lakes, and dense forests.
- Drive around Old Bar Harbor and then we’re off to the top of Cadillac Mountain! Cadillac Mountain is 1,530 feet high, which provides stunning 360-degree views of the island. Look for your ship in the harbor.
- Next, we’re off to Sieur de Monts Springs to visit the lovely nature center and gardens. You can also see Bear Brook, a large beaver pond with lots of lodges and dams, Precipice Cliffs with its 1,000-foot open cliff range and peregrine falcons and Sand Beach’s pink sand surrounded by rocky cliffs!
- Thunder Hole, a naturally carved granite inlet that bursts with activity as the water rushes in, and Otter Cliffs.
- Leave the park to explore the communities of Seal Harbor and Northeast Harbor, the summer colonies of the uber-rich such as the Vanderbilts, the Rockefellers, and the Astors. View the outside of amazing mansions and beautiful harbors, and the famous Thuya and Asticou Gardens.
- Travel down to Southwest Harbor to eat at an *authentic Lobster Pound for lunch! Many restaurants will claim to be a pound where lobster boats bring their catch to be weighed, but really there are only a couple on the island that actually serve lobster. We’ll go to one where the locals typically go. See the boats come in and out while you eat lobster either inside or outside on the pier.
*Please note that lunch is NOT included in the tour, but is your personal option. Lobster Pounds close on Columbus Day and another restaurant will substitute if your tour is after the Lobster Pounds close.
*Note: All tour descriptions are what can be typically completed in the stated time frame. Because we allow clients to spend the time they want at each location some stops listed may be excluded if extra time is taken by the client at a site of interest. We do not take clients into Sand Beach or Jordan Pond House because of crowds but show overviews of Sand Beach.